How To Get Rid Of Stink Bugs Around Your Chicago Home
September 15, 2022
If you've ever encountered stink bugs, you know how unpleasant they can be. These little pests can cause big problems in your home, and it can be tough to get rid of them for good. Sleep Tight Pest Extermination will discuss everything you need to know about stink bugs and how to get rid of them. We'll cover how to identify them, the problems they cause, how to keep them from entering your home, and how to get rid of them permanently with professional pest control in Chicago.
What Are Stink Bugs?
Stink bugs are small, brown, oval-shaped insects. They get their name from the fact that they produce a foul-smelling liquid when they're crushed or threatened. This liquid is used to deter predators and ward off other stink bugs.
Stink bugs are not native to the United States but were accidentally introduced in the mid-1990s. They're now found in most states, including Illinois, and they can be a particularly troublesome pest inside your home.
The Problem With Stink Bugs Hanging Around Your Home
Stink bugs are a nuisance because they congregate in large numbers and emit their foul odor when disturbed. They often enter homes in the fall to overwinter, which can be a problem if they end up in your living space. Here are some of the problems with a stink bug infestation in Chicago:
- They can cause a large infestation. A small number of stink bugs can turn into an infestation in just a few weeks.
- They're difficult to remove. They hide in cracks and crevices, making it tough to reach them with insecticides.
- They're difficult to kill. Stink bugs have a hard shell that protects them from many insecticides. Because of the foul odor they release when crushed, getting rid of them is even more unpleasant.
- They can damage your garden. Stink bugs feed on fruit trees, vegetable plants, and ornamental plants.
A stink bug invasion can cause a major problem in your home. That's why it's important to take steps to keep them out and get rid of them if they do manage to get inside.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Stink Bugs To Your Home
Although stink bugs are difficult to control, there are some things you can do to remove the factors that attract them to your home. Here are some tips:
- Keep your windows and doors closed. Stink bugs are attracted to light, so they'll enter your home through open windows and doors. Keep them closed as much as possible, especially in the fall when stink bugs are looking for a place to overwinter.
- Remove any potential food sources. If you have a garden, keep it away from your home. Stink bugs are attracted to fruits and vegetables, so they'll be more likely to enter your home if you have them close by.
- Keep your home clean. Stink bugs are attracted to clutter and debris. Keep your home clean and free of any potential hiding places for these pests.
- Keep your yard clean. A cluttered yard provides places for stink bugs to hide. Keep your lawn mowed and remove any piles of leaves or other debris.
You can help guard against a stink bug problem in your home by taking these steps to prevent them.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Stink Bug Infestation
If you have a stink bug problem in your Chicago home, the best thing to do is call a pest control professional. At Sleep Tight Pest Extermination, we can get rid of stink bugs in Chicago quickly and effectively. We'll inspect your home for stink bugs and develop a customized treatment plan to get rid of them and keep them from returning. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection and quote.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Best extermination company I’ve hired they work fast, have great prices and exceptional customer service. Highly recommend this company for the future."
Schedule Your Free Pest Control Consultation Today(312) 448-9228
Our team saves you time and sanity with safe and effective pest treatments. Give us a call today for the best eco-friendly pest control in Chicago.