How To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Chicago Home For Good
December 15, 2022
Mice have been a problem for homeowners since homeowning began, and it's easy to understand why. Mice are extremely adaptable, they multiply quickly, and they can live almost anywhere. Chicago is certainly no stranger to mice. They are as much a part of Chicago as humans, since the very beginning. Unfortunately, mice can cause extensive damage to homes, and are known disease carriers.
Nobody wants uninvited mice in their homes. Sleep Tight Pest Extermination is your go-to Chicago pest control resource for all of your mouse problems. We know how to get rid of mice!
How To Identify A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
If you think you might have a mouse problem in your home, here are some good ways to confirm your suspicions:
- Look for signs mice have gotten into your stored food. This looks like little chew holes. You may find food stores like rice scattered around the pantry.
- Look for signs mice have fouled your home. Mice droppings look like small, dark grains of rice.
- Look for chew holes in walls, doors and cabinets. Mice can chew through almost anything in a home, and like to make pathways to ease their travels.
- Look for nests. Mice will use things like insulation and stored clothing to build their homes.
- Look for tracks, footprints, or trails in dust, especially behind furniture. Mice are habitual about the places they travel. The longer they are there, the more their routes will show.
Any of these signs alone may indicate that you have a mouse problem in your home, but two or more of these signs together indicate a high probability you have furry visitors you do not want. Sleep Tight Pest Control knows how to find mice, and how to get rid of them. Contact us today to experience our proven pest control excellence.
The Dangerous Diseases Mice Are Known To Spread
Mice are legendary for the amount of damage they can cause to homes, but they are also very well-known disease carriers. Here are some diseases they may carry:
- Salmonellosis. This bacterial infection spreads when food or food preparation surfaces are contaminated by mice. Signs include diarrhea, and more than 400 people in the United States die from it each year.
- Hantavirus. This virus can lead to serious health situations, and is spread like salmonellosis.
- Leptospirosis. This blood-borne bacterial infection often requires urgent hospitalization. It is spread like the others.
- Rat-bite fever. This bacterial infection is spread the same way, and can cause serious complications in different parts of the body.
Concerned by this and wondering what deters mice? Excellent, professional pest control is the answer. Sleep Tight Pest Extermination offers nothing but excellence in our treatment approaches. Contact us today to find out how we can help you keep your home safe and sound!
Why DIY Mouse Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
Many homeowners finding signs of mice in the home wonder if they should try to solve the problem themselves. The problem with this is that mice are often a complex problem with no easy solution. There are many different types of mice, each with different habits. The problem of how to get rid of mice in the walls may frustrate homeowners, who find that DIY methods do not always work effectively. But the biggest problems homeowners face is that ineffective treatments pave the way for remaining mice to grow in numbers all over again, or for mice to enter the home the same way they did before.
Professional pest control is your best bet, and Sleep Tight Pest Extermination is the one you want to bet on. Contact us today to treat your mouse problem right, the first time.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Mice In Your Home
Due to their tremendous breeding capabilities, it can be hard to get rid of mice once they get into your house. Once a mouse problem starts in your home, it will absolutely grow worse unless quick, decisive action is taken. Ineffective pest control worsens the problem, either extending the time the mice are in the house or allowing them to grow to even greater numbers. With mice, the clock is always ticking.
Do not go it alone. Contact Sleep Tight Pest Extermination, instead. We know how to keep mice away!
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Best extermination company I’ve hired they work fast, have great prices and exceptional customer service. Highly recommend this company for the future."
Schedule Your Free Pest Control Consultation Today(312) 448-9228
Our team saves you time and sanity with safe and effective pest treatments. Give us a call today for the best eco-friendly pest control in Chicago.