Professional Beetle Control & Prevention For Chicago, IL Homes
Beetles are some of the most unique among the many different pests that invade homes in Chicago. There are over 150 different types of beetles found in Illinois alone. While not all of these beetles become an issue for Chicago homeowners, plenty of them do. Each type of beetle is unique in size, shape, coloring, habitat, and habits. In most cases, it's the beetle larvae causing problems by feeding on different products and materials.
Some beetles feed on grains such as barley, oats, and wheat. While others, like carpet beetles, feed on animal fibers, including wool, leather, fur, silk, feathers, and hair. And some, like powderpost beetles, feed on wood.
Successful removal of these pests in Chicago often relies on proper identification, which can be challenging if you don't have training. People experiencing a problem with one of these beetle species usually turn to DIY methods first instead of getting assistance from pest professionals. While some DIY techniques and store-bought products may provide some results, they regularly fail to produce the long-term solutions people need and instead cause more time and money.
But you don't have to deal with the stress and costs of dealing with beetles on your Chicago property if you look to local pest control experts instead of trying to do it yourself. Sleep Tight Extermination can assist you with your beetle concerns!
Sleep Tight Extermination's Beetle Control Services
Sleep Tight Extermination provides honest and quality services to Chicago homes and businesses, including specialty home pest control services. Unlike other companies, we don't show up and start spraying. Instead, we take the time to fully understand your pest problem and the conditions present on your property.
Before implementing treatments, we inspect the property for signs of the pest. Specifically, we look for:
- Small holes in carpeting or walls can indicate that different borrowing beetles.
- Damage or chewed food packaging.
- Droppings, known as frass, in areas where the pests are most active.
- Live beetles in dark, undisturbed areas, including pantries and attics.
- Signs in upholstered furniture and other similar places are beetle hot spots.
Once we have performed a detailed inspection, we will determine what type of beetles you are experiencing and make recommendations for a plan of action. The treatments included in your control plan will be specific to your unique situation and needs. However, we may treat the foundation, windowsills, door frames, and other hot spots we find.
For some homes, one-time treatments get the job done; however, we highly recommend ongoing monthly or quarterly services to help maintain your property and keep beetles and other pests out. We will help determine the service frequency we recommend after inspecting and treating your property and present our findings so you can make the most informed decision.
Contact Sleep Tight Extermination to set up an inspection with one of our knowledgeable technicians and let us start removing beetles from your property.
Get Professional Beetle Control Today
Don't wait to call us at Sleep Tight Extermination to get started with the beetle control services you need. Reliable pest control services are invaluable to homeowners, so our team prides itself on our customer service and attention to detail. You won't get the quality services we provide anywhere else!
Whether we have already treated your home for a beetle problem or you aren't currently experiencing a beetle infestation but want to prevent another, we recommend using these tips:
- Check the exterior of your home for entry points by looking over the foundation for cracks that need sealing, missing screens or weatherstripping on windows and doors, and other holes in the exterior walls and roof.
- Check plants, packages, and other items coming into your home from outside for beetles before you bring them inside.
- Inspect all food packaging for damage before purchasing from the store.
- Store dry goods in clear and airtight containers.
- Never mix old dry goods with new products.
- Keep your yard maintained adequately by mowing the lawn short, trimming shrubbery and bushes, and ensuring there isn't foliage touching your home's exterior.
- Properly store firewood and remove organic debris like leaf litter and sticks.
- Inspect and clean seasonal clothes before storing them away.
- Use plastic bins instead of cardboard to store clothes, pillows, blankets, and other items.
- Clean and vacuum regularly.
Besides specialty beetle control services, we also provide general home and commercial pest control to take care of our area's most common pests. In addition, we offer specialty services to treat some of the more challenging critters, such as bed bugs, cockroaches, rodents, and spiders. So if you have a pest problem, we can help!
Contact Sleep Tight Extermination for organic and eco-friendly treatments to remove beetles from your Chicago property and prevent them from coming back in the future.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Came in did an amazing job, professional and open minded toward my situation definitely recommend these guys"